Public Relations & Marketing Manager
General Summary: Under the direction of the Library Director and in cooperation with the staff at Neosho and Seneca, this position is responsible for planning, creating, coordinating and implementing methods to increase public awareness of library services and activities, while also establishing community contacts, collaborations and relationships that enhance library services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Works with the Library Director to:
• Manage all media relations in cooperation with the Library Director.
• Write and distributes press releases.
• Create printed materials, such as posters, brochures, flyers, advertising and other marketing collateral.
• Develop and maintain sustained relationships with local media, ensuring accurate Library coverage as a means of informing the public.
• Update and create content for the library’s website in conjunction with the IT department.
• Manage the library’s social media channels.
• Create social media advertising and fund-raising campaigns.
• Take, edit, and post photos.
• Create and schedule newsletters and calendars.
• Promote and advance fund-raising efforts, in partnership with the Fund-Raising Committee and Board of Trustees.
• Stay up to date on public relations, marketing and public library trends.
• Increase knowledge of the Associated Press Style Book and writing for the news media.
• Perform other related work as required.
Qualifications and Special Skills:
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or other relevant degree and 1 year of work related experience required. Previous library and/or public service experience preferred.
• Must have experience managing social media professionally.
• Requires working knowledge of computer programs needed to produce graphic designs and marketing tools for print and online use, such as Photoshop and Microsoft Office products.
• Elementary knowledge of website management is preferred.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills are essential.
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines on multiple projects.
• Excellent writing and editing skills are required.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other employees, library customers, businesses, community leaders, and non-profit organizations.
Schedule and Physical Requirements:
• Position requires some stooping, bending, squatting, kneeling, stretching, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Part-time 20 hours per week position. Hours can be very flexible during a regular business day, and around special events.
pdf copy here